FOR THE 21ST CENTURY
Writers are increasingly involved in the task – and business – of getting their work in print and out to readers. But the course to successful self-publishing is not an easy one.
Whether you want to publish the great American novel, a chapbook of poetry, your family history, or anything else, MWT will help you navigate the sometimes choppy waters of self-publishing.
This comprehensive two-day workshop will cover the three most critical steps that will distinguish your book from the masses of books that languish every year.
Revision and self-editing – learn
• how to prepare a clean, well-edited manuscript ready for publication
• about front matter and what to include
• why well-designed page layout will give your book a professional touch
Publishing process – learn
• how to choose and work with the self-publisher that’s best for your project
• how to avoid costly decisions or errors
• how to speak the language of self-publishers
Marketing – learn
• how to develop a comprehensive and cost-effective plan
• when and where to implement the plan
• how to identify markets and readers you may have missed